From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need OPC suppport for VS2005 and FieldPoint

Hello the older verion of the opcdaauto.dll file I am using for VB.net 2005 does not work right.  It worked using it with VS2003 and vb6.  The OPC Foundation says that I need the latest version called opcnetapi.dll from the fender of the OPC Server.  The OPC Server I am using is for FieldPoint so I gues that means I would need NI to supply this dll.  Do you have the latest copy of this I can use.

We are not a member of the OPC foundation so it does not allow us to get that directly it needs to come from NI.  OPC Members can download this file freely.

We have a large FieldPoint client application already written and all we need it this one last piece.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,485 Views)

jboden,

I have Fieldpoint OPC servers and NI OPC servers installed on my setup.  I searched my entire hard drive, and did not find a opcnetapi.dll

I can search around, but I do not know of this dll.

Rob K
Measurements Mechanical Engineer (C-Series, USB X-Series)
National Instruments
CompactRIO Developers Guide
CompactRIO Out of the Box Video
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,457 Views)

Thanks Rob for looking.  The originial file was OPCDAAuto.dll.  This was the COM version that was to be used with VB6 and VBA.

We are using VB.NET 2005 and the OPCDAauto.dll does not work right.

The OPC Foundation has the new one that has been fixed and tested with .NET 2005 called OPCnetAPi.dll.  This should allow us to communicate with the FieldPoint server without needing Measurement Studio and/or Datasocket.

Members of the OPC Foundation such as NI can freely download the OPCnetAPI.dll so they can distribute with products such as FieldPoint but it is not. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,449 Views)

jboden,

I now have access to the OPC Foundation downloads.  I found the .net redistributable and source packages and installed them.  According to the readme's, the opcnetapi.dll's are included, but I still cannot find them.  I'll keep digging around, maybe I will need to use a PC with VS on it in order to compile it.  I'll keep digging around, sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Rob K
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,304 Views)

jboden,

Here is the .dll, freshly compiled just for you!

Rob K
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,280 Views)

Thanks Rob,

I believe that is exactly what I am looking for.  I will test and let you know.

Thanks Jay

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,276 Views)