FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-2015 Installation Software

Hi,

1) I just updated my computer and my labview softare (7.1 to 8.2)  and I want to connect a FP-2015 module. I couldn't find any link to download the installation saftware for this device. Where can I get this software?

2) Since it is a ethernet module, can I communicate with this module using the RS-232 connection that is also available in the FP-2015?

Thanks

Victor Carreto
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,750 Views)
Hi Victor,

In order to use FieldPoint, you'll need to install the FieldPoint driver. This can be found by navigating to our home page, clicking Drivers and Updates (on the right-hand side, toward the bottom under Product Support), and searching for FieldPoint. The most current version available as a stand-alone download on our website is NI-FieldPoint 5.0.1. If you would like to download FieldPoint 6.0, search for "device driver" on the drivers and updates page, and download the August 2007 version of our device drivers. This download will contain all of our hardware drivers, so may take a longer time to download and install.

Here is a KnowledgeBase article that walks you through the steps to network your FieldPoint via ethernet. It is possible to communicate via serial with your FieldPoint, as described in the following two KnowledgeBase articles:

Using RS232 Serial Port with FieldPoint
FieldPoint Serial Communication without Real-Time Module

You'll need to determine and/or decide if you're using the LabVIEW Real-Time module, and plan accordingly.

I hope this helps! Have a great day.
Amanda Howard
Americas Services and Support Recruiting Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,742 Views)