FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring time between puse using FP-500

I would like to measure the time between pulse using an FP-CTR-500 and a FP1601 (or a FP1001).  I need to measure low frecuency arround 1 pulse per second. All the examples that i found in the ni site are related with measuring pulses in a time-window (that is not what i need)  I just would like to measure with a good precision the time beetween two pulses.  Some time ago i did it using a NI DAQ Card,  but now i would like to use the Field point modules.   Loking into the discussion group, some sugest to use the time stamp, but in this case that depend of the host computer that read the module ( if i unsderstood well that depend of the Computer scan time).  I just want a simple system tha provide the time between two pulses to the host computer ).
I did an application using microcontrollers (PIC) that work fine.  Using basically this loop:
1.- I wait for a rising edge in the pulse input.
2.- Reset a timer
3.- I wait for the next rising edge,
4.- Read  the timer.
5.- Goto step 1
But i would like develop this using NI Fieldpoint modules
In wich direction should i work arround ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,030 Views)

Hola,

No se si ya habias leido este documento, creo que resuelve tu problema, si es que lo entendí, dentro del documento vienen algunos links que también te pueden ser de interés.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/D8DB42F9FDC3607E862568640047F144?OpenDocument

En resumen lo que dice el documento es que vas a meter tu señal que quieres medir a una de las entradas "gate input channel" de tu FP, y por medio de una base de tiempo vas a contar la duración del pulso, si esto no resuelve tu problema (puede ser por que tu señal o pulso no lleva una relación de 50% estado en alto y bajo, o que la relación entre estas es variable) trataríamos de implementar otra solución, por favor mantenme al tanto de tu aplicación para saber si esto te fue de ayuda.

Saludos,

L Trujill

NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,994 Views)