FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max crash under "Remote systems"

Most of the time when MAX will crash when the mouse is clicked over the cRIO-9014 icon under remote systems.

Is there a fix for this? MAX 4.5 and VISA 4.4 are the software installed in the targets. See jpg file for items under remote systems.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,215 Views)

Hello,

That is unusual, can you describe the crash please?

-Does MAX freeze up or close out?

-Does it give you an error or warning message?

-What exactly is the last user action before the crash, just clicking on the CRIO?

-Can you connect to the CRIO?

-How often does this occur?

Regards,

Anna K.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,184 Views)

Anna,

The mouse can be clicked to open all of the remote system objects but when the mouse is clicked over Ni-cRIO9014-013DBB8D, the Ni-cRIO9014-013DBB48 or the "Devices and Interfaces" icons MAX freezes (mouse icon becomes an hour glass). There are no warnings and after waiting for about 10 minutes I click the close button on the top right hand corner. See jpg message for the response.

I've made a project with the cRIO 9014 and Ni9211 modules and it does work (can record tempeature). It seems to occur more often because I was able to get the URL for the project by clicking on the Ni-cRIO9014013DBB8D but now I'm not able to anymore.

Hope this helps to better define the problem.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,176 Views)

Hello Steve,

Let's try and do a repair of MAX. You can go into Add/Remove Programs, scroll down to National Instruments Software and click Change/Remove. Then select NI Measurement and Automation Explorer and click the Repair button on the right.

Please let us know if the behavior continues.

Regards,

Anna K.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,151 Views)

Anna,

That was a temporary fix.

I could click on the cRIO9014-013DBB80 or Ni-CRI)9014-013DBBB48 and see the properties. Then after closing MAX and reopening MAX the same problem occured. Once again, I repaired MAX and the fix worked again the first time MAX was opened but again failed the next time MAX was reopened.

During the repair the repair Utility asked for the Real Time CD to be inserted which I did.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,143 Views)

Hi Steve,

I took a look at the bug list and it appears that you bug is listed as 103333 on the bug list. We have identified it and I think if you uninstalled Max and installed a newer version of the RIO driver or Daqmx that it may take care of the problem you are seeing. Uninstalling and Reinstalling is a much better option in this particular case.

I am going to provide the links to both the Bug List for Max 4.5 as well as a list for Versions of Max that come with DAQmx versions.

National Instruments
RIO Embedded Hardware PSE

CompactRIO Developers Guide
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,125 Views)

This problem seems to be fixed.

This morning I tried rebooting the computer again and could get into the properties page of the cRIO. During the day I've tried opening and closing MAX with other software running to check for conflicts and MAX isn't freezing anymore.

Seems like the MAX repair and all the rebooting has cleared the problem.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,116 Views)

Hello Steve,

We are happy to hear that and wish you the best with your application.

Regards,

Anna K.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,100 Views)