FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX not finding my FP1600 Ethernet

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an FP1600 ethernet module directly connected to a laptop. The laptop has a static IP of 25.0.0.1. I have cycled power on the FP module multiple times. MAX does not pick up any device. What is the default IP address of the FP module? I know MAX uses UDP broadcasting to find devices, however this does not seem to be working.

Someone please help,

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,346 Views)

Are you using a crossover ethernet cable?

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,341 Views)
I am using a standard cable.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,337 Views)
Anyway, that doesn't matter. I have gone through a switch and it still does not work. I may have MAX 4.0 something that has a bug not showing unconfigured devices which I am going to patch and see if that works.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,336 Views)

I've never used FP, but when I used cFP18xx, I belive that in the manual it stated the need for a crossover cable for a direct PC connection. You may want to review your manual.

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(8,329 Views)
Solution
Accepted by bkb

The FP 1600 might have a different subnet configuration compared to your laptop. The best approach is to reset the 1600 module and reconfigure it using MAX. Follow the reset instructions from the manual below. Connect your 1600 module directly to the laptop by using a crossover cable or indirectly to a hub/switch by using a normal ethernet cable.

You may have to restart Max in order to see the device under remote devices with IP address 0.0.0.0.

DirkW

Message 6 of 8
(8,305 Views)

I did not see the "reset" switches on the first module nor is this mentioned in the software help. -_-

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(8,283 Views)

Guess what? It is mentioned in the manual. The little red switch is hidden on the back of the module within the enclosure.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(8,269 Views)