FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logged Data is not scaled as per the scaling set up in MAX

I am using fieldpoint to gather some Analog inputs, 4-20mA, using AI-110's & the FP-2000 controller. I have used the custom scaling in MAX for the fieldpoint device channels to convert my 4-20mA outputs into their proper engineering units. When I am connected and running the data displays in their scaled units in MAX. In my Labview app I am outputing the data on a graph and the data on the graph is in the proper scale. When the data is logged to a file using the FP write to Measurement File VI it is logged in its mA format and not the scaled format. Is there an easy fix for it to log with its scaling, or is this just how fieldpoint logs data?
I am using Labview 8.2 & Fieldpoint v. 5.0.3009

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,131 Views)
I suspect that this is an issue with the Fieldpoint file writer. Let me check into this further. For now you can get the data from the Fieldpoint read and use the normal file I/O VI's to write files with the same sata that is going to the graph.

Rick Kuhlman
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,113 Views)
I have solved the problem programmatically, creating my own VI to scale the data before it gets logged. I just find it odd that there would be this scaling options available and it not being translated to my logged data. If it should be logging with the scaled data without me having to do it programmatically it would be good to know becuase then I know that there are problems with my FP Controller. Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,111 Views)