FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW project with cFP-2120

When I create a project and bring the FieldPoint controllers into the picture by using Target devices menu option, I can select Add a File when I right click on the host PC and select Project.

I do not have that option for the cFP controller, though I can move a VI that was placed under the host PC down under the name of the cFP controller by dragging with the mouse.

When a VI is under the cFP and one right clicks and selects RUN is this different than just double-clicking on the VI name? Does the first option cause it to be run on the FieldPoint device and the other cause it to run on the host PC?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,363 Views)

I haven't had the problems you are mentioning with LV 8.2 and a cFP.  Right now I am at home where I don't have any cFP targets.  I was able to create a new project.  Then I added a new target of a cFP 2120 which was added as a default IP of 0.0.0.0.  I was then able to right click on that and say New....  VI.  It added a blank VI under the tree structure of the cFP.  Creating a VI under My Computer and dragging it to the cFP is certainly another way of getting a VI targeted to the cFP.

Where the VI actually runs is based on where in the tree structure of the project explorer the VI is located.  If it is under My computer, it will run there, if it is under the cFP, it will run there.  In LV versions prior to 8.0, there was no project explorer, and you selected the target by way of a drop down in the lower left corner of the VI screen.

If you double click the VI, it just opens the VI for editing on whatever target it is targetted for.  You can click the run button from there.  If you right click on the VI and say run, it should open the VI on the target and runs it there in a single step.  Although in my experimentation on my home computer, it only seemed to run under "My computer" if the VI was already open.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,356 Views)

We were able to Target Devices to get the cFP to show up in the project and subsequently add a new VI.

Thanks for the leg-up.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,354 Views)