From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an FP module that would allow 0 to 1 amp measurements and is there one that can make differential measurements?

I'm monitoring a Electronic Engine Control that for the most part ouputs DC voltages. But there is one output that is a current output of 200mAmps to 1 amp at times. The bad thing is that the current source (in the EEC) is isolated from the input voltage (of the EEC). I'm actually using a current sense resistor and taking a voltages measurement across the current sense resistor to get around the limited current measuring of the FP-AI-100, but with the current source being isolated from the supply. Each time I connect the leads, I'm measuring the current sense voltage with, to the buss of the FP-AI-100 it effects my measurement. This is because of the
other DC voltage measurements that are connected to the buss share a common ground in the EEC so when they are connected to the FP buss theres no differential effect with these measurements just the isolated current I mentioned above. Any suggestion to get around it without me having to build a little differentail circuit that would eliminate the differential. as I wait I'll be building
thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,823 Views)
Currently the only FieldPoint modules that offer differential measurements are the (c)FP-TC-120, (c)FP-DI-330 and FP-QUAD-510. However, the (c)FP-TC-120 module, while being differential, can not handle more than a couple of volts of common mode voltage between channels. Whereas most FieldPoint modules are single ended, if you only use one channel on the module, it is differential since the modules have a floating common.

There are currently no modules that offer measurements of more than 24 milliamps.

Regards,
Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,823 Views)