From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address is not on the target's allowable access list.

Hello,

Well, the problem is that the Project Explorer for Realtime Targets keeps overwriting your INI file with the wrong values:
After you have performed the fix to the ini file, you got to enter a "*" in the "VI Server: Machine Access Field" in the Realtime Propertied Dialog for your Realtime Project as shown in the link below:
This will make the fix permanent. Of course, you can limit the access to whatever you want. Note: Putting a "*" in the Dialog is the same as putting a "+*" in the INI file.

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(3,098 Views)
Geir Ove,
Thanks a lot...that was the problem.  Why my project didn't have the asterisk set by default I don't know. It may have been cleared by accident.
I checked a few other fieldpoint projects that work well and they are set up as you describe.
Hope I can return the favor someday..
Tariah
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(3,080 Views)
I just had the same problem on my cRIO 9004.  Setting * in the project on the acess properties did not fix the INI file itself, I had to edit the ni-rt.ini file on the cRIO itself.

Kind of crazy that the project setup can not fix the ini file, but it can mess it up!

Once I fixed the INI and made sure my project settings were set with * as well, I haven't had a problem.
Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,773 Views)

I'm also having trouble getting reconnected after a disconnect. I made the changes to the ni-rt.ini file described by Geir Ove and it is attached for reference. However, it doesn’t seem to affect anything. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to reboot the target, which is not a particular problem. However, I’d like to have a better understanding of the product.

In short, I don’t understand why I cannot reconnect when it was previously connected and the denial is based on the IP address.

I’d appreciate any comment on this.

Thanks,

Dave J.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,523 Views)

awesome!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,598 Views)