From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address is not on the target's allowable access list.

when trying to deploy a lvlib or downloading code from a PC to a FP controller I get this error message "Access denied: This host computer's IP address is not on the target's allowable access list.". I have added the PC's IP address from within Max on the access list of the FP target (althoug default is full access to everyone). This did not help, I still get the same error message. Both systems are on the same IP segment.

sincerely

søren h. jensen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(11,780 Views)
Hi Søren,
There is a KnowledgeBase document that adresses this issue: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/B68ADEF9FCA3CED086257100005D9FB3?OpenDocument
You can start with the Knowledge Base document to see, if it helps your problem.
If it doesn't you may also try to open ni-rt.ini in the FP root directory. Somewhere in that file is a tag called target.ipaccess, and you can add IP addresses (and wildcards) to that list. Then reboot the controller.

Best Regards
-----------------------------------------------------
Dennis Morini
District Sales Manager
National Instruments Denmark
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(11,765 Views)

Normally the cFP or FP controller has no probling giving access to a PC without it specifically being on the IP list. Despite adding the PC on the IP list, I still get the same error.

Søren h. jensen

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(11,758 Views)
The problem was solved by reinstalling all installed (not the OS) software on the Fieldpoint controller. This fixed the problem an I can now again connect to the controller. I must however conclude that the problem never was solved properly, since I did not manage to locate the cause of the problem.

Søren Hallberg Jensen
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(11,715 Views)
I have experienced the same problem with the cFP-2120 controller.  I can connect all day long using MAX, but not in LabVIEW.  Once I reinstall all software on the controller, it seems to work again in LabVIEW.  But if the connection to the controller is lost, the problem will reoccur. 
-Derek Roane
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(11,608 Views)
I am also seeing the same problem.  Reinstalling all the software helps to connect again, but once I disconnect, I can't re-connect.  Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
Jason
Message 6 of 15
(11,536 Views)
Hello,

Short of time right now, but I had the same problem: Here is a dump of my own notes on how I solved the pbolem (not necessary to reinstall software):

I attempted to update these data with Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) using the "FieldPoint Access Control" panel in MAX: I set "*" and Read/Write and pressed "Apply": MAX Claims it has updated the Access Rightsm, but we are still unable to Deploy the CFP from the Project Explorer.

SOLUTION:

Use WS_FTP-PRO (or any FTP Client) and access the IP Address of the FieldPoint using anonymous login.

Transfer the file ni-rt.ini from the root of c:\ on the Fieldpoint to the local PC and edit the settings as shown below.

FTP the file back to the Fieldpoint.

Set the following settings in "server.tcp.access" and "RTTarget.IPAccess":

server.tcp.access=""+*""

NOTE: Double Quotes here

RTTarget.IPAccess="+*"

NOTE: Single Quotes here

+* means every IP address can access.

It turned out that MAX had left the following (probably illegal) values in the fields:

"""" and ""

Geir Ove
Message 7 of 15
(11,522 Views)

Geir,

Nice fix.  I've spent the last 3 hours reformatting my cFP drive, and reinstalling the software (multiple times) just to be able just to reconnect to the target.  I wish I checked out this forum sooner.

J

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(11,478 Views)
Geir,

Thanks for the help - that works great.  I've got an active support request with NI on the subject, so if I find out anything more there, I'll post it here.

Thanks,
Jason
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(11,467 Views)
I have been wasting a lot of time trying to deal with this same problem. Changing the ini file seems to be a temporary fix.  Is there any way to prevent the file from reverting to the wrong values? Every time I make a change to my real time code and try to deploy it I get the error message.  I change the ini file as described above and it will work until I have to make a change again.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(11,359 Views)