FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address is not on the target's allowable access list.

Hello,

Well, the problem is that the Project Explorer for Realtime Targets keeps overwriting your INI file with the wrong values:
After you have performed the fix to the ini file, you got to enter a "*" in the "VI Server: Machine Access Field" in the Realtime Propertied Dialog for your Realtime Project as shown in the link below:
This will make the fix permanent. Of course, you can limit the access to whatever you want. Note: Putting a "*" in the Dialog is the same as putting a "+*" in the INI file.

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(3,067 Views)
Geir Ove,
Thanks a lot...that was the problem.  Why my project didn't have the asterisk set by default I don't know. It may have been cleared by accident.
I checked a few other fieldpoint projects that work well and they are set up as you describe.
Hope I can return the favor someday..
Tariah
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(3,049 Views)
I just had the same problem on my cRIO 9004.  Setting * in the project on the acess properties did not fix the INI file itself, I had to edit the ni-rt.ini file on the cRIO itself.

Kind of crazy that the project setup can not fix the ini file, but it can mess it up!

Once I fixed the INI and made sure my project settings were set with * as well, I haven't had a problem.
Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,742 Views)

I'm also having trouble getting reconnected after a disconnect. I made the changes to the ni-rt.ini file described by Geir Ove and it is attached for reference. However, it doesn’t seem to affect anything. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to reboot the target, which is not a particular problem. However, I’d like to have a better understanding of the product.

In short, I don’t understand why I cannot reconnect when it was previously connected and the denial is based on the IP address.

I’d appreciate any comment on this.

Thanks,

Dave J.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,492 Views)

awesome!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,567 Views)