From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to install LabView RT on a cFP-2010, but I only have LabView RT 2012 (need 8.5.1???)

Hello,

I have a cFP-2010 module that I got ahold of which has a software problem.  When I got into the module through MAX, I got a message that said there was no software loaded and that the module was operating in safe-mode.  I rebooted the cFP-2010 in user directed safe-mode and reformatted the disk.  According to online documentation, the latest version of LabView RT that will work on a cFP-2010 is LabView RT 8.5.1.  The only version of LabView RT that I have to work with is 2012.  How do I load 8.5.1 on this module to get it working again?  Is there a download available somehwere?  When I go to load software on the module in MAX, there is no option for installing LabView RT... which appears to be what is required.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,092 Views)

Hello mdlund0,

If you do not have LabVIEW 8.5.1 and LabVIEW Real-Time 8.5.1 installed on your computer, then you will not see the option in MAX to push that software to your device.  In order to optain that software, you will most likely need to contact your account representative.  You can reach the NI customer service line at (800) 531-5066.

In terms of version compatibility, newer versions of LabVIEW are not supported on the cFP-2010 because of the limited memory available; the older software does not take as much space.  This does not mean that you will be unable to use newer versions, just that the behavior is unsupported and the configuration not recommended.  I would also like to inform you that you can interface with a FieldPoint device without having Real-Time installed on that device.  You can both install software and pull data programmatically without having Real-Time.  Please see these references for more information:

Install Software Without Having Real-Time: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CE57D76B598AEA878625740C00671AF8?OpenDocument

Use FieldPoint Without Having Real-Time: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0EFE203B68668366862577CE005654F1?OpenDocument

Hopefully these resources will be useful for you.  Good luck working with your device!

Regards

Patrick
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,077 Views)