From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to concentrate till 8 RS232 interfaces of electronic devices and to transmit these by radio( 2,4GHz) to a main point.

The network topology must by point-to-multipoint and addressed multi-drop to give the possibility to interrogate each electronic device.
The communication path, from the main computer to electronic device, must be transparent for the customer application.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,946 Views)
Hi,

I looked at your description and topology and I think you can easily accomplish what you described there with a regular radio (it could be the one you mention) and multiple 485/232 converters.
This converters will convert to a single 232 port and even though you have multiple converters (as opposed to the multiple ports you described) you will still have the multi-point to single point architecture.

I can assure you that the FP-100x are not the best option for you in this case and unfortunatelly we at NI do not have a 485/232 converter to offer, but I am sure you can find them in the market for a very low price.

I hope it helps

Best Regards

Andre Oliveira
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,946 Views)