From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have experienced a loss of the input signal on channel 0 of my FP-TC-120. Cycling power

cures the problem. I heard a rumor that a firmware upgrade to Rev B has cured the problem. Has anyone else experience this condition on either TC or Analog input modules?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,026 Views)
Your post leaves me with several questions. How is the input signal lost? Does it go out of range so that you read "Open Thermocouple" or does it simply read unusual values? What revision is the FP-TC-120 (indicated by letter in Assy# on bottem of module)? What network module and what firmware revision is the network module?

One thing that I have seen cause problems similar to this is mis-wiring. Please make sure that you are not cascade wiring the FP-TC-120. By cascade wiring, I mean that the V & C terminals of the terminal base that the FP-TC-120 is in, are connected to the V & C terminals of other terminal bases and/or the network module. FP-TC-120 modules do not require external power through the V&C terminals, and having cascaded wiring defeats the module to module is
olation and allows ground loops.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,026 Views)
I have the same problem. I believe this is due to an analogue input module problem but I cannot find any troubleshooting information on this. Good luck.

Regards,

Jonathan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,026 Views)