FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a RLY-422 that I can only get ch 0 to work?

When I go into measurment automation and try to write to any of the channels but ch 0 it gives me an error that I can't write to these channels.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,142 Views)
Hi,
Tell me more about the problem you are having. What is the error number and message you receive when you try to write to the other channels? Please list what FieldPoint controller you are using along with the software version and the location where the VI is being run. I would suggest also looking for bent pins between the module and connector block.
Eric A.
National Instruments
Distributed I/O Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,134 Views)

I don't get an error message in my labview program. It just doesn't turn on the NO contact. I get an error in automation explorer when I try to write to any channel but 0. There isn't an error number. It just says the item is read only.

I pulled the relay module and checked the pins and they all look fine.

I am running Labview 8.2 with FP-2000.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,129 Views)
What is the status of all the channels in MAX? I would move the module to a different slot and try to write to it there. That will help figure out if the slot is bad. Do you have any other modules to try in that slot? If other modules do work in that slot and the 422 does not work in other slots of the backplanes then the module might be broken and require an RMA number to repair. Do you have any other FieldPoint systems to try the module in?
Eric A.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,104 Views)
I don't have any more relay modules so I put in an AO-210 module. In Max I can write 5 volts to the channels but I don't get a light on the module. I haven't tried the connector block yet because I will have to shut the system down to take it out since it's in slot 1. I don't understand why Max thinks it's working right.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,094 Views)
Hi,
Not having an LED turn on when the AO-210 channel is written to is expected behavior when nothing is connected. Since MAX still let you write to a channel in that slot I think it indicates a problem with the module. Could you post a screenshot of the error you receive when you attempt to write to channels on your relat module?
Eric A.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,049 Views)

I tried several different modules. Then I went into MAX and saved everything. Then I shut LabView down and restarted the computer. I am able to run a DO-403 in the slot now and it works.

Karen

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,002 Views)
i am using FP-2010 and FP-RLY-420 with my laptop and when i run application then there come an error that the software of target is older than we are using on host so upgrade it after upgrading the target(FP-RLY-420) is not visible on host but controller FP-2010 is still visible on host and the ip is also configured but when i try to access target an error occur  "server refused the connection" there is another message  System State: Connected Safe Mode (Improper Installation) is also visible in MAX window can any of u help me in this problem.
mazhar
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,948 Views)

Please don't hijack someone else's message thread.  This sounds like a different issue so please start a new thread.

Also, please break it up into sentences so it is clearer to understand.Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,938 Views)
i hav no such intentions

anyways sorry, iam new here.

mazhar
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,917 Views)