FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having trouble with retrieving saved data on the D: Drive of my cFP-2120. I have an Industrial Compact Flash Card, that I can write files to but not all files are being saved.

I have several systems that have been deployed with the exact same code setup and hardware, none of these other systems have had this issue.  The retrieval rate of the data written to the Compact Flash Card currently is around 75%.  The weird thing is that it will create the file name but will not write any data to the file.  If this file is the third file that I have saved then the next files will also write incorrectly, and it doesn't seem to happen with any consistency.  Has anyone had a similar issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,119 Views)

Hi,

I suspect the flash card to be the problem. Did you try a different flash card from a system that works fine?

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,108 Views)

Hi DirkW,

I have 3 different Flash Cards and I am getting similar results on all three cards, I originally thought that was the issue and brought two brand new cards with me to the site.  It happens at random intervals, sometimes it will record 10 files and the 5th and 6th files won't be recorded.  Other times it will be the first two files, it just happens randomly.  Your suggestion was a good one though, bringing a card from a system that works, but fortunately they are all out working right now.  I amgetting another 2120 today and I am going to try to see if the 2120 that I have is the issue.  This is the only thing I know to check right now.

Thanks

Fritz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,105 Views)
I think we have narrowed it down to a hardware problem.  Without more information I would say that it's more then likely that you have a bad reader on your cFP-2120.  The chances that all three Campact Flash cards are bad is possible, but not likely.  Try a new 2120 and see if that fixes the problem.  If so, call National Instruments to get your device replaced.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,094 Views)

Scott,

I received the other 2120 and installed it this morning.  Only to find that I have the same issue!?  I continued to test while talking with Bob Hoffman an AE at NI, and I kept on getting the same results.  I added some extra code into the software to light up the LEDs on the 2120 if there was an error in the saving of the file LED C and additionally used LED D for the error of the Timed Loop.  Made several more test files and had the same results, recovered 80% of the files. 

So this evening after the shift was over I continued to test the system and see how many files that were recorded through the day.  I ftp'd (is that a word?) into the 😧 drive and all of the files that should have been created today were on the card.  Here comes the shocker, I didn't copy the files onto my computer from the ftp, I turned off the system took the Compact Flash card out of the 2120 and then opened the card on a card reader and there were only 3 of 6 files.  The 3 other files had the names and contained no data.  So back to the results that we have been having.  Though this is what I am thinking that is happening after these results this evening.  The files are still located somewhere in memory on the cFP-2120/Compact Flash Card, and when the system is turned off the data isn't written to the files but the file names have been are created.  Therefore all of the data is lost, and never had been written/closed from the refnum.  After I saw this I know that I have a close file vi in my code when the record button is turned off.  So I added another close file vi into the code after my save file vi, and put it into a case statement to close the file when the record button is false.  I only had a couple of minutes but I think that this might have fixed it?  I will know more tomorrow, but I do know that if I do not turn off the system I have the files.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

Thanks,

Fritz     

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,088 Views)

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems.  You mentioned earlier that the exact same hardware and software works on other systems.  My question is, are those system having the same problem and you may not know aobut it?  Or, if they are working, what is the difference between the two systems? (The one that works nad the one that doesn't)

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,076 Views)