FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program cFP-1808 through serial port?

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to study about programming of cFP-1808. I'm working as RA for the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Moratuwa. So it is want to make a practicle using cFP for tha final year students. First of all i have to study it. Nowadays i'm trying it. 

Now i know how to read and write DI and DO through serial port. As well as i know programming of LabVIEW. But now i don't know how the labview programs  download to cFP-1808 through serial port. What i mean is "I want help from you how to do simple exercise. Simple mean it may be a logic operation.". It is very important to continue my work. It would be greatful if you can send positive response for this problem, Thank you,

Chanaka Prabuddha (B.Sc (Eng)),

RA,

Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,

University of MOratuwa.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(8,146 Views)
The cFP-1808 doesn't have to real-time controller where software can be downloaded to. It serve as an IO extension interface. You would have to write an application on the PC and use the FP IO VI's to read and write the values.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(8,142 Views)

Ok. That means to control inputs and outputs, it is need to keep connection with PC, isn't it? But how i control or deal with inputs and outputs through serial port? Is it through .VIs?

Chanaka 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(8,132 Views)

Yes you need a permanent connection between cFP-1808 and the PC.

If you have installed the fieldpoint driver software with LabVIEW support, you will find them in the "Measurement I/O->FieldPoint" pallette, at least in version 8 and up.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(8,129 Views)

Measurement I/O? Is it in Labview or MAX?

Chanaka 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(8,127 Views)
I'm using LabVIEW 8.2, Where is it?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(8,123 Views)
"Programming->Measurement I/O->FieldPoint" pallette.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(8,120 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(8,099 Views)

But there aren't any Measurement I/O catogery in Programe files, But there is feild point catogery in National Instruments catogery,. Because i have installed driver softwares came with LabVEIW 8.2. Thing is there are only help files and read me files in Prog. files>>NI>>Feild Point 5.0.1.

So ii it need to installed any other software for Field Point? What would i have to do next?

Chanaka 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(8,098 Views)

I was talking about a path inside the LabVIEW block diagram pallette. Maybe study the LabVIEW getting started manual again, or buy a book about programming in LabVIEW.

Message Edited by andre.buurman@carya on 10-21-2008 10:53 AM
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(8,092 Views)