FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to not display open thermocouples

Hi everybody,
I am using a field point to measure temperature with thermocouples. Now as I realized, open thermocouples give me a reading of 1770 degrees. This value applies to k-thermocouples. What I want to do, is to not display these 1770 degrees but display nothing, or NaN, or zero. How can I filter my arrays and exchange values if there is an open thermocouple.  Does anybody have an idea.
Thanks in advance.

Greets
Daniel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,593 Views)
The quick answer would be to put a case structure right after the thermocouple read so that if the value is greater than 1700, pass on a +Inf or zero.  If it is less than 1700 pass through the actual value.  I say 1700 just incase the open connection of 1770 starts looking like someother value over time.

This would work if you are only using the results elsewhere in the code.  If you are using a DSC module with data logging or direct binding of shared variables to the channels, this won't work.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 06-13-2007 10:42 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,590 Views)

Hi,

I am using a field point with up to 3 moduls with each having 8 channels. Now I do not know with what to connect the case structure and how to extract the values of the 1D array. I certainly expect that this is no problem for an experienced programmer. But I just started with labview and need your help with this one.

Thanks

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,571 Views)

Hello Daniel,

I implemented a little VI for you. Look at the attachement. I also added some colors to the table so you directly which are connected and which not.

Kind regards,

Julien Roland - District Sales Manager
NI Belgium - Technical Support

Don't forget to rate a good answer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,542 Views)

Hi Julien,

That helped me alot. I managed in the meanwhile to build myself a solution aswell, but it your solution looks better to meSmiley Happy The implementation with the colour is a great feature.

Thanks you alot.

Greets

Daniel

Message 5 of 6
(7,530 Views)

No problem Daniel. I'm glad to make you happy Smiley Wink

Regards,

Julien Roland - District Sales Manager
NI Belgium - Technical Support

Don't forget to rate a good answer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6