From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change webserver port for remote panel view on Fieldpoint?

I have a very simple vi running on Fieldpoint that I want to access remotely with a web browser.
Everything works fine on port 80; in fact it always works _only_ on port 80, even when
WebServer.Port is set to something else like 8081. I've set the parameter from the dev.
system and manually from a text editor. Webserver (Fieldpoint splash screen and remote panel)
always appear only on port 80. Unfortunately we are trying to get around a finicky proxy
server so we must use something other than 80. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,135 Views)
Matt,

I just tried using port 8081 on a Windows XP machine using FP without too much trouble. The only main caveat that I have is to ensure that you are changing the webserver port for the FieldPoint module that you are targeting instead of the webserver on the PC you are using.

To do this, make sure you go to Tools>>Options>>RT Target Options

Hope this helps and reply back if it does not work out!
Regards,
Anuj D.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,125 Views)
Thanks for the suggestion. That was definitely one of the mistakes I made along the way, but I did catch
it and make sure subsequents tests were configured properly. Ultimately reverted the FP module to 7.0 from
7.1 and everything worked just as expected. Don't know what the problem really was but we got the immediate
task accomplished. Thanks.

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,119 Views)