FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build an .exe for cFieldPoint on a PC ?

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I installed a system with a compact FieldPoint running a in RT mode (cFP 2020 and LV 7.1.1).
To load the .exe on the cFP, I connected my PC to the cFP (ethernet), selected the cFP as execution target for LabVIEW and then opened the application builder. I assume this is the normal way to do... but is this the only way ?

In fact, my customer is asking for some more features, so my question is quite simple :
Can I build an .exe for the cFP on my PC (without connecting to the cFP target), mail it to the customer and tell him to replace the .exe file on the module ?

Thanks for any help 😉

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,052 Views)
Oh... I eventually found this

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B8C2F938DB61960C86256C8C006D7123

but it specifies that "NI recommends not to do it"... has anybody ever done his ? Has it worked ok ?

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 2 of 5
(4,042 Views)
Hi TiTou,

I have done this before and it works fine (I normally however target the cFP as it's just easy this way). I use FileZilla FTP client to transfer the startup.exe.

To replace a running startup.exe -- since we can't delete it -- I rename it to startup.e__ from FileZilla and then reboot the controller. Then FTP over my new startup.exe. Delete the old one, and reboot again. This way I don't have to mess with the dip switches.

Regards,

-Khalid
Message 3 of 5
(4,013 Views)
Cool Khalid, thanks a lot for the feedback ! It's cool to know that it works.

And good trick not to play the dip switches, which I also prefer to avoid 😉

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,008 Views)

Hi Kahlid ,

I noticed you were reply someone on pretty much close to same problem whatever i am having , I am working on LabVIEW8.2 with cFP. I created a project with an executable (run from My Computer),  the other executable is running in the field point , I used shared variable to transfer data from field point to host program. Now I want to Uninstall LabVIEW from the same computer but want to keep MAX  and one .exe file to run host VI. How to do that , any  suggestion about copying or moving only .exe file ? or lets say if I want to run the same program in another new PC with same Field Point hardware and program how to copy/install executable in the new PC?

Thanks and best regards,

Faiyaz Syed

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,771 Views)