FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long can record on cFP 2200 -128MB

We want to use Real-time controller which cFP-2200 128 MB DRAM but we dont know how we can calculate time of record of controller if we connect to controller a cFP TC 120 16 bit thermocouple input module, cFP AI 100 12 bit analog input module and cFP CTR 502 counter input module.
thanks a lot
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,175 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.  If I understand you question correctly you are trying to figure out how long you will be able to log data using you cFP-2200 as a Real-Time Controller.   As long as you send the data back to the host machine that you are connected to you will be able to continually log data.  You will need to make sure that you have enough free space on the Controller if you are storing data.  Here is some information about logging data on a Compact Fieldpoint Controller.  If you have any further questions on this issue or if I am not understanding your issue correctly please post back here and let me know.  I hope this helps!

Thanks!
Bob H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,157 Views)
I mean how long time record can be loged on cFP 2200. How many second or minutes
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,145 Views)

Hello,

It can be difficult to say exactly how many seconds or minutes you can log data on a cFP controller because it really is possible to set up the controller to continuously log data for an "infinite" amount of time (or at least until there is an error, power failure, or something else that would interrupt the functionality of the controller).  The issue is that there is only 128MB of space on your controller so you need to make sure that you are transferring the data quickly enough before the memory on the board fills up because that will also stop recording.  Knowing how long you have before the memory on the controller becomes full if you are not transferring the data to another machine  completely depends on how much and the type of data that you are logging.  My recommendation to you if you have a time constraint of how long you need to run your logging would be to transfer the data off from the cFP to make room for more data logging.  Here is a knowledgebase article that will explain the different communication methods that you can use to transfer data.  Also here is another link that shows how to FTP files to and from a Real-Time Controller.  I hope this helps!

Message Edited by Bob_H. on 07-31-2008 10:54 AM
Thanks!
Bob H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,133 Views)