From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I unlock/reset network access to my FP-1601?

Hi

I'm using MAX to configure a FP-1601 with FP-SG-140 and FP-AI-110 modules.  I can communicate with the ethernet module and see the other modules, but I get a message 'This Host does not have access to this module' or similar, when I try to configure the units or read the channels...

I went to unlock the network access, but do not have the password.  Resetting the unit did not reset the access restrictions...

Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

-Scott
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,538 Views)

Hello Scott,

Unfortunately, once you’ve lost the password for the FieldPoint device, you must manually reset it in order to restore the original settings and wipe the password clean.  Follow the steps on page B-1 of the FP-1601 User Manual to reset the 1601.  Take note of the settings beforehand, however, if you wish to replicate the setup upon reboot.  You can then follow the remaining instructions in KnowledgeBase 3KA9L67U: Resetting the FP-1601 or FP-1600 Module’s IP Address for information on setting up the IP Address for the 1601.

Let me know if that helps!

Chris_G
Sr Test Engineer
Medtronic, Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,520 Views)

Thanks Chris

I had reset the unit multiple times.  I was then able to change the IP address.  But after that I could not do anything.  When I tried to change settings of the attached modules, I got 'This Host Does Not Have Access to This Hardware' ...  or something similar.  I tried to edit host restriction settings but could not, because the (unknown) password had been retained through the reset. 

I found (in another posting here) that you can change the password using fieldpoint explorer without knowing the existing password.  This worked fine for me...  I don't know if I had overlooked some feature of MAX, but couldn't figure it out...

resetting the unit did not solve the problem... not sure if you knew what I was asking...

-Scott
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,516 Views)

Scott,

Did you follow the procedure for resetting the device to it’s factory settings, or just reboot the controller?  Also, are you re-discovering devices by right-clicking on the 1601 and selecting Find Devices, or is MAX referencing old modules that were there in the past?

Chris_G
Sr Test Engineer
Medtronic, Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,502 Views)

Yes, I used the DIP switch to reset the device. 

It then shows up as 0.0.0.0 in MAX.  I configure it to a new IP and right-click to search for devices...  devices are found (SG-140 & AI-110)  but inaccesible. 

The problem is resolved now (via FP explorer)... Thanks anyway

Regards

-Scott
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,481 Views)