From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I revert fieldpoint cFP-2020 controller back to an older os version.

I recently updated our fieldpoint controllers cFP-2020 to labview runtime 7.1. The system worked fine. Then, I pressed update os and Our system no longer worked. The old rev was 0416 and the new one is 0502 as seen in fieldpoint. How do I get the old os back on so that I can get more testing done?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,239 Views)
Hello Speeddaemon:

There is a known issue regarding the cFP 20xx controllers which occurs when the OS is updated.
I wanted to ask you a couple of questions regarding your controller to determine if your issue is similar to the one we know of:
1. Is your controller considerably new? The issue we found has to do with controllers that were shipped between November 2004 and January 2005. If you have a revision that is before F you might face this problem when you upgrade the OS.
2. If you do not have revision F or later, did you download Safe Mode 10.4 or later before updgrading the OS?
3. What exactly is the error you receive? Are you still able to assign it an IP address?
4. Have you tried formatting your computer? Did you receive an error when you did this? If so, what did the error say?

This issue might be a bit more involved than what we think it is as of now. If you could give me some more information on the above questions, it would help a lot.

Thanks,

Jaideep J
Applications Engineer
National Instruments Corp.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,221 Views)
Ok, we have two controllers One called Low speed and The other High speed. I downloaded the Safe mode 10.4 OS and installed it on the high speed, but on the low speed I recieved an error that said the device stoped communicating. THe version of the high speed is C and the version on the low speed is E. WHat was happening is that our software was loading at boot, but everything seemed slowed down from the high speed but the low speed network cut out every once and a while. Right now the low speed status light stays red and I cannot communicate to it. The network hardware tests fine.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,196 Views)
I will look in to this issue further tomorrow and get back to you. I do know we have a knowledgebase that talks about this but I need to check if that information can be shared.

I will keep you posted.

Jaideep J
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,180 Views)
I will look in to this issue further tomorrow and get back to you. I do know we have a knowledgebase that talks about this but I need to check if that information can be shared.

I will keep you posted.

Jaideep J
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,179 Views)