FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I connect a pump to fieldpoint?

Hi, I'm trying to control a pump through fieldpoint using Labview. The pump uses an "FMI Stroke Rate Controller" that has a 4-20mA input to regulate the flow. The 4-20mA input has a positive and negative terminal but I don't know how to actually connect this into my cFP-AO-200 module. I'm aware that each channel has an output terminal, a common terminal (COM), and a supply terminal (Vsup) but which wires are suppose to connect with what? Can anyone please help me with connecting it?
thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,130 Views)
You will need to wire an external power supply to the V & C terminals of the cFP-AO-200. The power supply positive should be wired to V and the negative to C. The power supply should be between 5 and 30 VDC. The input impedance of the pump will determine the minimum voltage that the power supply must be. The formula is Vmin=3+0.021*Resistance.

The 4-20mA positive pump input should be wired to the Iout terminal of the cFP-AO-200. The 4-20mA negative pump input should be wired to one of the COM lines of the cFP-AO-200.

Regards,
Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,130 Views)
One question though. The stroke rate controller that I am using (the device with the 4-20mA input) has a 110 V (50/60 Hz) input that can be plugged into an outlet so that it can run manually. So does that still mean I will need to wire an external power supply or should I somehow manipulate that 110 V input?

Thanks, Hung
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,130 Views)
Nevermind Aaron, I did use an external power supply and followed your wiring instructions and everything's working beautifully. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,130 Views)