From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone implemented a QUADRATURE IN / QUADRATURE OUT application using the Compact FieldPoint?

Has anyone implemented a QUADRATURE IN / QUADRATURE OUT application using the Compact FieldPoint? The units being used are the cFP-QUAD-510 [input] and the cFP-CTR-500 [output]. What I would like to do is use the QUAD-510 to capture a quadrature signal from a sensor, which in turn would generate a count per quadrature detection. Within LabVIEW, adjust the count received. Then, output a quadrature signal, based on the adjusted count, using The CTR-500.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,081 Views)
Hi,

You may want to use this example program :

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=B45EACE3E05F56A4E034080020E74861&p_node=174404&p_source=External

It is designed to make the CTR-50x modules simulate a quadrature encoder. So you would be acquiring the signal using the FP-QUAD-510 and would be outputing the signal using the CTR-500

I hope it helps

Best Regards

Andre Oliveira
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,081 Views)
Hello Andre,

Thanks for your response. That example does provide the output desired, and it is currently being use in my application, along with the 32-bit counter example available via NI for the QUAD-510, which also works. My query was mainly geared to find out if an application with the characteristics described in my original question has already been implemented, this, to avoid "re-inventing the wheel." Additional input on this thread is welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Dag Gollopp
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,081 Views)