FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone implemented a QUADRATURE IN / QUADRATURE OUT application using the Compact FieldPoint?

Has anyone implemented a QUADRATURE IN / QUADRATURE OUT application using the Compact FieldPoint? The units being used are the cFP-QUAD-510 [input] and the cFP-CTR-500 [output]. What I would like to do is use the QUAD-510 to capture a quadrature signal from a sensor, which in turn would generate a count per quadrature detection. Within LabVIEW, adjust the count received. Then, output a quadrature signal, based on the adjusted count, using The CTR-500.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,079 Views)
Hi,

You may want to use this example program :

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=B45EACE3E05F56A4E034080020E74861&p_node=174404&p_source=External

It is designed to make the CTR-50x modules simulate a quadrature encoder. So you would be acquiring the signal using the FP-QUAD-510 and would be outputing the signal using the CTR-500

I hope it helps

Best Regards

Andre Oliveira
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,079 Views)
Hello Andre,

Thanks for your response. That example does provide the output desired, and it is currently being use in my application, along with the 32-bit counter example available via NI for the QUAD-510, which also works. My query was mainly geared to find out if an application with the characteristics described in my original question has already been implemented, this, to avoid "re-inventing the wheel." Additional input on this thread is welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Dag Gollopp
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,079 Views)