FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a quadrature signal with FP-PG-522

I would like to generate a variable speed quadrature (Phase A and B only) signal for simulation purposes.  I need to use the Fieldpoint FP-PG-522 pulse generator module.  Does anyone have LV code for this already?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,857 Views)
Hello Zener,

Yes, actually - LabVIEW has a pulse generation shipping example created specificly for this module.  The attached screenshot shows you how to navigate to it when you are in the example finder.
Have a great Monday!

Janell R | Applications Engineer

Message Edited by NIJanell on 01-08-2007 03:51 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,842 Views)
Thanks, Actually, I was looking for an example specifically to generate quadrature type signals, not just pulses.  They need to be timed 90 degrees from each other.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,836 Views)

Does anyone have a "quick and dirty" way to do this? 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,793 Views)

Hello Zenner,

I believe that you should be able to create a VI that calls the shipping example twice - therefore generating two signals which you could then through software force them to be 90 degrees apart.

There are multiple other discussion forums asking for code to simulate a quadrature encoder, but none of them have a response.  When you get something that works, definitely post it to help the community out.

Good Luck!

Janell R | Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,774 Views)