From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeze FP-AO210 and FP-Ai110, so weird

I am using FP-AO210, FP-AI110 to control the Mass Flow Controller, network interface is FP-1000. Everything is running perfectly untill the FP-AO210 and FP-AI110 freeze suddenly, which means both the controll and responce sigal are frozen there. No matter whether I restart the program or PC, other modules ( FP-TC120, FP-rly420) are still working.  Hot plug out/backd can solve it, but it will happen again soon.

All the modules status LED lights show no error.

Anyone has the same problem as mine?

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,373 Views)
Hi,

How often does this happen? Have you tried using those modules with a different controller? Is this a new problem that you are experiencing? Does rebooting the controller fix the problem? Is the controller still connected when this happens?
Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,364 Views)
Problem solved, I got some ideas from another post about T module freeze. Here is what I do:

I  moved FP-AO210 and FP-Ai110 closer to network interface, and used a diffrent power(~26 V DC, prevoius one is 24 VDC) for fieldpoint.

To answer Karunya R's questions:

This is a new problem and and only hot plug out/back the modules can temporarily de-freeze them. Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,349 Views)
I am glad to hear that you got the problem fixed. Thank you for posting the solution as well!

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,341 Views)