FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fieldpoint serial port question

I have a cFP-2100, it has one serial port.  I am thinking about purchasing an all in one humidity, pressure and temperature sensor which outputs rs-232 code.  If i have LabVIEW Real-Time 8.0, would i be able to acquire the data of the device from the serial port, if so how would i go about doing this? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,572 Views)
Hi,
   of course you can, you need LV realtime, as you stated, and of course, you need to know the protocol being used from the all in one sensor to output data (in general, it's  a simple one).

About using RS-232 on cFP, it's the same as using PC's RS-232 port with labview.  I currently use 2  232 and 1 485 port of my cFP-2020, it's quite easy...
  I had some problem with hardware flow control, but in general it isn't used, and maybe it was my fault, and I had to work a little to make it work properly, but often it is not used.

Hope it helps....

graziano

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,563 Views)
thanks graz
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,560 Views)
Is the device you are considering a Weather Duck from ITWatchdogs?

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,548 Views)

http://www.vaisala.com/businessareas/instruments/products/barometricpressure/ptu200/product%20docume...

Vaisala PTU200 is the unit I'm considering, I haven't made a decision on what i'm going to order yet, and I am waiting on my LabVIEW Real-Time software.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,539 Views)