FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FieldPoit Executable is Not Working

In my application I have two iak files: "Fieldpoint.iak" and "Refueling.iak" and they are identical.

When I wrote the vi files I connected to the Fieldpoint polymorphic terminal a FieldPoint point that refers to one of the two iak files ,see the attached file "MAIN PANEL.pdf").

In the MAX on the deployment computer I loaded the "FieldPoint.iak" file and located the "Refueling.iak" in the same directory  as in the host computer "D:\LabVIEW".

Then I build it into an executable and tried to run it on the deployment computer.

Few days ago I deleted several files (as I remember not a system files) from the deployment computer  and since then it is not working. A same unit is installed abroad  (another customer) and it is working (same executable). This system was working great until I made the change.

The "Refueling.iak" and its path was added as a new configuration, see the attached file "FieldPoind Device Selection1.jpg" and "FieldPoind Device Selection2.jpg"

I got an answer form the support that the application can't run with two iak files but it is a fact the it worked and still running on another machine.

Does some one as an idea what could go wrong or how I can deploy the application so it will be able to read from both iak files

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,394 Views)

Hi Aviram,

Which files did you delete just before it stopped working? It sounds like that may be the cause.  If they were necessary files, you may need to reinstall your FieldPoint or LabVIEW RTE files.  Which version of the NI-FieldPoint drive do you have installed as well?  

Thanks!

Chris LS

National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,363 Views)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. I don't remember which file I deleted. I think the main problem/mistake is that I referenced my FP input to two different iak files one related to the project and one that I added as new configuration (see "FieldPoind Device Selection2.jpg").

What I still not undestand is how the executable deals with the new configuration I added.

Although the officiial NI responds is the it can't works as I did it, the system worked great before I made the change. The error I get is "error 32812 FP read" when I change the FP input to the project iak file it works OK.

I think that it is related to the new configuration I added.

FieldPoint Version 6.0.5

LabVIEW 9

Thanks

Aviram

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,357 Views)

Aviram,

It does sound like it is related to the iak file.  Check out the links below and read through the possible solutions:

Error 32812 From FieldPoint VIs

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/02EB73D02715981A8625682B00774F8F?OpenDocument

Why Do I Get Error 32812 From Some FieldPoint Modules But Not Others?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9DB72AFCBC02D7D986256FC10055D65B?OpenDocument

One possible reason is if you made the iak files with different versions of FieldPoint.

Possible reason for the error - "The version of the IAK file was created by a different version of FieldPoint than what is installed on the PC displaying Error 32812."

Best,

Chris LS

National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,333 Views)

Hi Chris

All of the iak files was made with the same version of FieldPoint.

Do you have any information about deploying a vi with two configurations?

Aviram 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,324 Views)

Aviram,

Since it seems that deleting some files affected your application, I recommend reinstalling the FieldPoint drivers, if these were the files you deleted.  Why is it necessary to have two IAK files for your application?  You will have a IAK file in your LabVIEW project that should meet your needs.  It is possible to use two as long as you have your IO points directed to them however this is not the intended use of the IAK files.

Best,

Chris LS

National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,313 Views)