FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field point VI

I would like more information in the right method for programming the Field point.For example if i have a big application with more VI call the tag,The open FP is for all VI or just in VI?.If exist a detailled documentation for programming Labview application in Field point VI.

Nicola
Bytelabs.it
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,143 Views)
Hi,

The FP Open.vi can be opened only once if you desire, and you can use a Control Refnum to pass this open reference to subvi's, just like any other LabVIEW program.
As the Reference open is not a "regular" datatype you will need the "Control Refnum" in your subvi front panel to receive the reference from the top level VI.

So there should be no problem on programming and passing references to subVI's as long as you keep the code coherence.

I hope it helps

Andre Oliveira
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,143 Views)
Thank's Andre but i have more ask detail.
If i have a main Vi witch open Field point, after i open from this VI another VI dinamically (VI SERVER with player) this second VI have also an open VI and close VI after the closure of this(If i don't open the FP the VI don't run correctly).
It's this the right method.I have need more information of Field point VI in VI SERVER METHOD.Thank's Nicola
Bytelabs.it
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,143 Views)