these we some issue we found with ni FieldPoint modules
please let us know why?
bye
naru
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,277 Views)

Hi Naru,

What version of the 1601 firmware are you using?  It you are using anything less that FP-1601 Firmware Revision 417 for Windows, I would suggest upgrading your firmware.  You can download the latest version and follow the Upgrading FieldPoint Firmware Tutorial to update the firmware.  Another good reference is the Troubleshooting Communication Problems with the FieldPoint Ethernet Network Modules Tutorial, it presents troubleshooting hints for the most common problems encountered when using the FP ethernet modules. 

What is the range and age of RTD modules your customer is using that give unexpected values and how far off are the values?

When you said you were 'trying the update the OS of the Field Point RT from MAX,' what controller are you trying to update here, is it one of the 20xx series? 

Hopefully those tutorials will get you going, let me know if still have questions. 

Micaela N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,246 Views)

hi,

the fieldpoint controller is the 20XX series

hope i m doing the update of os in the right way

bye.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,218 Views)
When you upgraded your OS did you get any errors? 

It's possible that something became corrupt in the controller during the process.  I would suggest contacting National Instruments phone support.

Micaela N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,200 Views)
Hi Naru,

What function are you using to read FP 1601 from RT? Are you using  datasocket read ?? Since I am also using Data socket read function. But for me there is no communication loss but I am getting some erroneous values.

Regards,
Lakshman
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,834 Views)