FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Point IO Control in an Application

Field Point IO Control "drop down Browser" does not work in my my executable. Does anyone know if addition *.llbs, dlls, or subvis are required for this to work?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,036 Views)
Is this an executable that runs standalone on a PC and talks to FieldPoint?  Please describe the configuration of your deployed system.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,023 Views)
Hi un-yah,

Can you also let us know what version of LabVIEW and the Fieldpoint Driver you have installed?  Is the Fieldpoint I/O control "drop down browser" the only thing that is not working correctly in your executable?  Does it work if it is just run as a VI in the development environment?

Hope to hear from you soon.  Best of luck on your application, and have a great day!!
Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,002 Views)
Yes the application works just fine when running it from labview. I am usin LV 8.2 and the latest version of FP. Is there something that I need to do in the project? Try it yourself, add a FP IO control to you vi and build it in an exe on "My computer".  Let me know what you find. Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,997 Views)
Are you running the executable on your development machine or on another PC?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,984 Views)

Hi un-yah,

I built a simple application that just included a FieldPoint I/O control drop down browser and a FieldPoint Read.  The FieldPoint I/O control drop down browser worked properly in both the VI as well as in the executable.  I did not do anything other than just build the application.  Like centerbolt, I am interested in knowing if you are running on your development machine or on another PC.  In addition, can you give me the version of your FieldPoint Driver?  You can find this by opening Measurement and Automation Explorer, expanding the Software tab, single clicking on FieldPoint, and the version number should appear in the window on the right. 

Also, if you get a chance, please run the .exe in the attached file and see if the FieldPoint I/O control drop down browser is working properly in this application.

Best of luck on your application, and have a wonderful day!!

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,976 Views)

Ching et al

Any more news and info on this subject ?

I am now seeing the same problem under LabVIEW 2010, the FP IO Point browse dialog

works fine under source code within LabVIEW, but when running an executable, the browser doesn't work

but comes up with an error message, complaining some resources are missing.

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,096 Views)

Ye solved that problem by using a new versions of NI-visa and NI-serial in order to install the drivers but using an older version of NI-fieldpoint as for some reason versions past version 6 removed the drivers installed by via and serial. (I used NI-fieldpoint 5 series)

Hope this helps 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,669 Views)