From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP-TC dual channel problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, we have some problem with FP-TC-J module, sometimes the field point is not viewed (MAX return a message "one or more attributes specified either do not exist.." )

The first time i try to move the module and this work fine, i fixed the module and it's works.

The next day the module have the same problem, i try to move without good results, we try to change the place of the module, but MAx say is not possible (seems this module is not know by the system).

My question is how is possible to know if the module is bad?

thanks to reply.

Bytelabs.it
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,747 Views)

I will add this message thats alternate with the previous:

"empty base or slot".

Bytelabs.it
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,746 Views)

Hi Nicola,

it seems you could have a problem either with your module or with your terminal block.

Are you using the FP-TB-10 terminal block? If so, could you tell me which is the part number and serial number of your FP-TB-10?

Do you actually have an empty slot in the terminal block?

Best regards,

Serena M.

NI Application Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,733 Views)

Yes i've FP-TB-10 terminal block; the data you ask me is:

PN : 186287C-01 

SN : CF5F36

I've just thre module mounted on this board (2 digital output module and 1 TC-J) in the past i've mounted also an analog input module.

Thanks for your answer.

Nicola

Bytelabs.it
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,707 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nicola

Hi Nicola,

the FP-TB-10 is designed to reboot itself everytime it detects a new dual channel module since they are hot-swappable (quick flash of the ready light). If there is an empty slot next to a dual channel module (an AI or AO or TC module), the FP-TB-10 Terminal Base may incorrectly detect this dual channel module. Since you have also two digital module, you can put the digital module next to the empty slot and ckeck if this solves the problem.

Let me know if this works.

Best regards,

Serena

Message 5 of 6
(6,702 Views)
thanks it's works fine.
Bytelabs.it
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,691 Views)