From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP-TC-120

Hello technicians, 

I got FP-TC-120 and FP-1000 which is already set up 

I just installed LabVIEW and don't know what to do for the next. 

Do I need install NI-DAQmx? or Ni Divice Drivers?

Previously, I measured temperatures with the device but have to do it from scratch. 

I found a program made from LabVIEW to measure temperatures at the moment. 

Thanks in advance. 

Chan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,977 Views)

Hi Chan,

You'll need to install the NI-FieldPoint driver, I beleive this is everything you'll need. It is included on the NI Device Drivers disc.

Here's a link if you need it:

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:du,ssnav:sup/q/FieldP...

Kind regards,

Joel G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,964 Views)

Thanks. Joel.

I installed that drivers.

But I can't see the device (FP-TC-120) except serial port connection of the device.

Would you please have a look of the screen of Measurement & Automation Explorer and a picture of the device?

Thanks. 

Chan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,959 Views)

There could be version conflicts, which versions of LabVIEW and Windows are you using?

Here is the codumentation for your device:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/321995a.pdf

It seems to suggest using FieldPoint version 1.6 or later, but this document was written in 1998, so I'm not sure if the later versions would work. It might be worth trying a previous one.

Thanks,

Joel G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,956 Views)

Hi Joel, 

I am using Windows7 and installed the latest version of LabVIEW 2011 and NI-FieldPoint 6.0.10.

I used to use the device with LabVIEW 9 last year but I changed my laptop and am trying to use again now.

That document you mentioned is quite outdated, I think. Would you give any other recommendations?

Thanks.

Chan 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,952 Views)