Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP-TC-120 and modbus

Hello,

We have a temperature monitor system as following:

FP-TC-120

FP-1000

LOOKOUT

But now we need access to FP -TC-120 through modbus RTU. Could we just change the FP1000 OR FP-TC-120 to achieve this purpose?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,115 Views)

I'm not sure that I follow your question.  Are you asking how to communicate with the FP-1000 using Modbus?  If so there is a list of Modbus commands in the FP Help documenation.  And sorry if I missed the question.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,100 Views)

Thanks Justine. Sorry for confusing you on my question.Currently, we have two measurement systems.

One is power measurement system:

HMI, lookout was installed in remote service.

Onsite meter: ION7500 (RS485/ Modbus RTU)

Comserver: convert the Modbus RTU to Modbus TCP. lookout read the data from ION7500 through Modbus TCP.

Another is temperature measurement system.

HMI: lookout was installed in local computer

Onsite meter: FP-TC-120/ FP1000 (RS232/Optomux protocol/fieldpoint driver)

Now we want to connect temperature measurement system to remote server. That means we need the communication module support the Modbus RTU. But I do not think the FP-1000 support binary based protocol. If we change the FP1000 to cFP-180X, can it will solve this problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,096 Views)

Hi,

I looked into you questions a little further and found the answer.  The cFP-180x can function as a Modbus slave device. You can communicate with I/O modules using Modbus ASCII and RTU for serial and Modbus TCP for Ethernet.  However it can not act as a master device to talk to other Modbus slaves.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,034 Views)