FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP-RTD-122 has 4 degree offset

I'm using a FP-RTD-122 module with PT-100 sensors to measure temperatures in a kiln. Whilst calibrating the system I found that all of the channels in the fieldpoint module appear to have an offset of approx 4 degrees celcius from the actual temperature. The temperature read by the RTD is measured by a Fluke meter at the point where the wiring is connect to the FP base so any offset due to the cabling should be the same for both readings.

Also the offset seems to disappear when the module is hot unplugged and replugged, but reappears after the power to the FP system is cycled.

The module is connected to an FP-2000 controller running LV RT 6.1.1 and with the latest firmware and FP Explorer 3.0.2
Senior Software Development Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
https://theLonelyAnt.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,721 Views)
The 4 C offset is a hardware error. We've seen the same, exactly as you describe. Contact NI to swap the module. Appeared on cFP-RTD-122 also, but I've been told that is being resolved.

Matt
Message 2 of 5
(3,721 Views)
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the quick response - it sounds like I'm not going mad at least. Do you have any information about whether this issue has a tracking number or something I can give to the NI rep to convince them it is a known problem?

Cheers,
Brett
Senior Software Development Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
https://theLonelyAnt.com

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,721 Views)
Our original tracking number was 436320. Since then we've not had tracking numbers for subsequent returns. I've been talking with Green Rives (sp?), who has been very helpful and forthcoming with information. I may have a phone number for him at the office; let me know if you want it; williams@mackinfo.com

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,721 Views)
Hello Brett,

With the modules Matt provided us a few weeks ago, we were able to determine that a handful of our [c]FP-RTD-122 modules do have a rare problem that causes a 4 C offset until the module is hot swapped. At present, we do have an engineer working on a solution to eliminate the chances of future modules having this problem. As you stated earlier, you will need to call in to NI to get the module replaced. I have included instructions below on getting a new module. The application engineers for FieldPoint (our support team) is aware of the problem, so you should have no problem getting another module.

Due to the nature of the issue, the module will either have the problem or it will not. The issue cannot develop over t
ime, so you do not need to worry about modules that presently do not have the offset.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Have great day!

Green Rives
FieldPoint Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

-----------------------------------------------------

The fastest way to get to an engineer:

Go to http://www.ni.com/support/ and select phone NI under option two. Follow the dialog and you will get a service request number and a phone number. Call in with this number and you will get to an applications engineer.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,721 Views)