From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP-AO Channel Error (Red Light)

I have a FP-AO-210 voltage output.  Power and Ready lights are solid green, but channels 0 and 1 are lit solid red.  The other channels are all clear, however, I am not able to get voltage out of any channel.  Could 0 and 1 be affecting the rest of the unit, and can they be reset. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,840 Views)
Dear Jason,

Is the status light on your controller blinking? The Operating Instructions say the following about the red light:

Each channel on the FP-AO-210 has a monitoring circuit that detects the amount of current flowing into (sinking) or out of (sourcing) the channel. If this value exceeds the maximum allowable (1 mA with no external supply; 10 mA with external supply), the circuit lights a red STATUS indicator for each affected channel, reports the error to the network module, and adjusts the output voltage so that only the maximum allowed current flows. The error is reported before the output is adjusted. The indicator may start to light dimly as the limit is approached.

That said, I have had issues when the TB-1s haven't been connected all the way, so try squeezing them together. To reset the channels, power cycle your controller. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Marni S.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,823 Views)