FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP 2015 can't detect some IO module.

Hi everyone!
I have a FieldPoint system includes a AI-100, a AO-200, a DI-300, a DO-400 module, and a main module. When I use FP-1000 or FP-1601, my system operates correctly. But when I use RT module FP-2015, system cant detect some IO module, these are AI-200 and AO-200 usually (Ready LED is off).
I never have upgraded firmware.
Can any one help me, please!
Thanks very much!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,551 Views)

Hello Linhtk,

It seems like you are having some trouble detecting your analog input and output modules when using the FP-2015 controller.  If you could answer the following questions and go through these problem solving steps, I think we should be able to fix this issue - or at least narrow down the cause.

1.  Will the system not detect either of the analog modules at all?  Does it sometimes see the analog modules with the 2015 but other times it does not?

2.  Since the ready lights aren't on, I believe you may not have enough power heading to the modules.  Check the power requirements for these modules. 

3.  Have you recently formatted your controller?  If not, check out theKBs in this discussion forum.

4.  You may also want to try upgrading your FieldPoint drivers.  NI-FieldPoint 5.0.1 is the most current version.

Let us know how it goes.

Happy New Year!

Janell R | Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,532 Views)
Thanks for your help very much, NIJanell!
I will try your advice immerdiately.
But may be the flash disk of my module FP-2015 has been cracked.
Fortunately, I have borrowed other. And now my system operates perfectly.

Thanks and Happy New Year to you!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,514 Views)

Hello Linhtk,

I'm so glad everything is up and running - great job! 

Happy New Year to you as well.

Janell R | Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,504 Views)