FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP 1601 won't connect after resetting it

Hi all,

I reset my fieldpoint 1601 and now it doesn't connect in max, the greyed out fp icon appears with 0.0.0.0 but when i set the IP and click apply it reads "disconnected - rebooting" for a couple of mins then just "disconnected", I followed the rebooting directions very closely, and i selected an available IP i don't know why this is happening any ideas??

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,475 Views)

Greg,

Are you setting a static IP or automatically assigning with DHCP? If static, are you positive that it is an available IP? You may want to try using an IP scanner to confirm that the IP is in fact available. Does this happen every time you reset the IP?

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,456 Views)
I beleive it is static but im not entirely sure... i chose automatically find an IP in max (in remote systems - 0.0.0.0 - network) then it selects one that is appropriate after which i selected several values (over the several times i reset my FP) for the last box b/w 1 and 255 which were unused... I should mention too that it is directly connected to my computer through a crossover cable and that it was working perfectly fine (well kinda...) before i reset it...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,444 Views)
Oh yeah i forgot to mention i've probably reset the FP at least 6 or 7 times in the past and I've never had this problem...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,443 Views)

Just to make sure, have you followed all the steps listed here? http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/50BE7BEA4D5285DA862573370070D30B

There are many troubleshooting steps listed in that article as well. Other questions: when you have the FP-1601 connected to the computer and applying settings, do both lights on the ethernet port light up and blink? Is the status light blinking? If so, how often? When you say that the FP-1601 was sort of working without problems, what exactly do you mean? Have you encountered this before or something similar? What did you do to overcome those issues?

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,434 Views)