FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIELDPOINT FP1602 with PG522

Hi,

I'm using PG522 Pulse generator module in FP1602 bank. My MAX version is 4.6 & current firmware version is 5.02

Problem: PG522 Module is not giving output physically at Vout terminal for all the 8 channels.

I have configured the pulse train output option in max & according to that the ON Time, Off Time, Pulse Mode, Resolution time & generate Pulse were configured and now when I force the generated pulses'00' command for 100s, immediately the  channel'0' LED status getting ON upto 100s but Physically it is not giving output (confirmed by connecting 24v lamp / 24v dc coil relay(findermake).) after 100s the Channel LED status going to OFF state. i understand from this are two things,

No:1 - the LED status showing at channel is only pulse generating status not the exact OUTPUT.

No:2 - so something is missing to make physical output ON or something issue with this PG522 module Hardware. 

Question : a). if this problem related to hardware, Any checking is possible or not

b). if this Problem related to MAX - any possibilities to force the output directly without pulse logic.

Thanks & Waiting for your Prompt Reply,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,702 Views)

Hello Inst01,

To clarify what you are seeing:

1. You set up the FP-PG-522 device to output ON for 100 seconds, then be OFF

2. The channel LEDs turn ON for 100 seconds, then turn OFF

3. The voltage outputted from each channel cannot turn on a 24V lamp or a coil relay

I am interested in the physical setup of your FP-PG-522 device. The device needs a 5-30 V external power supply connected to each channel to physically output pulses. Using Figure 3 in the device manual as a guide:

1. Are you using an external power supply? 
  2. If so, what voltage / current does it output? Also, what terminals is it connected to?

Regards,

Andrew Brown

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,689 Views)

Hi Andrew,

1). Yes , I'm using a External Power Supply - 24VDC at Terminals V & C.(This is only for PG522 & tried with spare External supply also)

2). Output connections are at Vsup (1) & Vout (2) as same as in Fig-3 in the device manual & tried with other pair like Vsup (17) & Vout (2).

3). Output device used 24VDC coil Relay which is less than 250mA & its in working condition.

According to the device manual, i have checked output current protection, Terminals, external supply 24VDC & output device & confirmed it is normal.

can we fix this problem by using the above points .. ?

Thanks for your reply..,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,682 Views)

Hello Inst01,

Thank you for the clarification on your physical setup. Some follow-up questions I have towards resolving your issue are:

1. Has the FP-PG-522 generated pulse outputs successfully in the past?
  2. Have you tested the physical output with a LabVIEW Example program?

The included LabVIEW example for your FP-PG-522 device (Pulse Generation.vi) is attached to this post. Also, it can be found by opening the NI Example Finder by clicking Help » Find Examples, then navigating to Hardware Input and Output » FieldPoint » Advanced.

Pulse Generation - Example Finder.JPG

Regards,

Andrew Brown

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,673 Views)