From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital input time measurement with LabView RT and cFP-2010 + cFP-DI-301

I want to measure the time between a 0-to-1 transition and a 1-to-0 transition on my Compact Fieldpoint digital input module cFP-DI-301. I use LabView RT 7.1 and a cFP-2010 controller.

It is possible to do this by polling the digital input line (FP Read.vi) with a regular time interval and using the timestamp as the time reference. But is there any way to get an event/interrupt when the digital input value changes? In that way, I would not have to poll the digital input, and I would be able to save processor time of the cFP controller.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,872 Views)

Hi Tom C,

FieldPoint 2010 module supports only polling in Real-time mode. Your cFP-2010 can be used as event driven controller only if the application is not executed in RT (the controller is used in 'FP-1600 mode'). I guess that this is not what you want to do. So run the application in RT mode and keep polling digital inputs in tight loop. You also have a possiblility to use priorities to provide CPU time for other tasks.

There's a list about Poll Driven and Event Driven FieldPoint controllers in web:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/31C23F7F5B5973A486256E910059EB67?OpenDocument

Vesa K

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,856 Views)