FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different time stamp from two FP-banks - FP2000 and FP1601

Both modules use the same time server, which is the computer with our LabView software.
FP1601 shows the same time as the time server, FP2000 show one hour later.
How can we set the correct time on the FP2000.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,136 Views)
Gunter,

You need to configure the time zone for the FP-2000. You do this through MAX. It will be one one of the tabs that is used to configure the controller. MAX >> Remote Systems >> FieldPoint Bank >> FP-2000 Configuration tab.

Regards,
Aaron
Message 2 of 11
(5,132 Views)
Hi Aaron,
Thanks - it makes sense. However,the FP2000 configuration tab does not offer anything to
go to a time zone adjustment. I remember, that I was on this tab before looking for a way
to make the change in the time zone. Any more ideas ?

regards

Gunter
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,130 Views)
Gunter,

please have a look at the attached screenshot that shows the location of the timezone settings for an FP-2000. This is a screenshot from a German version but it should give you the idea where to look for this setting.

Best regards,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,120 Views)

@Jochen wrote:
Gunter,

please have a look at the attached screenshot that shows the location of the timezone settings for an FP-2000. This is a screenshot from a German version but it should give you the idea where to look for this setting.

Best regards,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany

Jochen,
thanks for your suggestion - found it, tried to adjust without success.
The time zone settings for Greenland to Great Britain to world time give all the same
system time. Only the settings for Brazil, US - East result in a new time for the
FP2000 - Brazil shows 3 hours ahead (i.e 12:00 hrs vs 09:00 hrs on FP1601) and the US-East
shows 4 hours ahead - both are obviously incorrect, should be 5 - 6 hours behind.

Any other suggestion - malfunction in the FP2000 ?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,093 Views)

Hi

I actually have the same trouble: I got my FP-2000 showing one hour later too in Hawaii. But, when I use the Coordinated Universal Time, the FP-2000 shows the right time.

Anybody find out since 2005? 

Thanks

Sev

ps: Labview 7.1 and MAX 3.1

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,746 Views)
Hello Sev,
There is a Knowledge Base article that may help rectify the behavior you are encountering.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Emilie Kopp | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,733 Views)

Thanks Emilie

I already tried everything on this page but without succes. maybe something I did not get.

What is weird is that, as for Gunter, when you select the CUT zone, the FP shows good time but not for certain other zones. I right now decided to use the CUT and calculate the current time... Any ohter ideas?

Have a good day

Sev

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,729 Views)
Hi Sev,
The different time stamp was a real pain - we solved this by deactivating the firewall settings in the windows system file.
Since we run this computer behind an external firewall anyway it did not harm us.

You sould also be wary of the frequent system updates - some updates change your settings to a default autmatically

regards and good luck

Gunter
Message 9 of 11
(4,719 Views)

Gunter,

Wow! It's very impressive to see you in this post again, considering your original post was two years ago. It's great to know we have community members who are willing to help other community members with similar issues.

Sev, let's check the firewall settings and see where that gets us.

Cheers,

Emilie

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,715 Views)