FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying on different systems

Dear Forum

I have a system that comprises of a 4 plane back plane with a cFP-2120 controller, A thermocouple card, AIO 600, and 2 relay cards.  I have 2 other exact same systems in a power station but they have the cFP-2100 units installed on, so when i devlop the programs with a TPC 2006 touch screen it works fine on my bench.  When it comes to deploying it on a system in the power station with the cFP-2100, i change the IP addresses in the project to match the new fieldpoint and touch screen. IT deploys with an error

The module addressed is not of the selected type
(successfully deployed target settings)

but it seems to work for a while but every now and then the touch screen loses comms with the PLC's shared variables and I ahve to re-build the project and it starts working again.

Any suggestions appricatiated.  I have not found a simple way of starting a new project specific to the power station setup to copy in the Vi's,

Thanks, Chris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,545 Views)
Chris,

I can think of a couple of possible problems.  One is that I'm guessing that you are using an .iak file is set up for a cFP-2120 controller and that you are deploying to a cFP-2020.  That is probably what is causing the error message.

The second problem is going to be available memory.  Depending on how many shared variables you are using, you may run out of memory on cFP-2020.

Start by fixing the .iak issue and get it to deploy without any warnings or errors.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,541 Views)

Hi again

I'm still at a loss, I have managed to re-create the problem back on the bench but I am still uncertain why it is doing this.

The fieldpoint cFP-2120's IP got reset when I formatted it recently so i changed back the ip to how it was before and deployed the program.

and then now the touch screen will not see the the fieldpoint, nor will the other program that runs on the pc.  So it is like the fieldpoint has crashed or the shared variables arnt working becuse it just sitts there doing nothing, even if you reset.

I then re build the program and deployed it all is well again.

I have been lookin gin the alias files and they have always been correct, but I did notice in the Field point alias file There are lots of differnt names I have called other fieldpoints, like Filed1="234.234.234." , Field2="234.234.234." etcc

how does the fieldpoint know what name it is? is this by ni-rt.ini?

Any more suggestions appriciated

Thanks, Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,523 Views)

Chris,

Name is stored on cFP.   Did name of cFP get changed when you formatted?  If so, that might explain part of problems.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,519 Views)

Centerbolt

The prob seems to be that if i have a running project that works on the touch screen and the PLC and then move to a new system and change the IP addresses to suit and if I only compile the touch screen and deploy it it doesnt work.  The thing is to make sure u compile both everythime u deploy PLC software and new touch screen.  Even though it is the same software just with differnt IP addresses too look at.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,512 Views)

Chris,

Curious as to procedure you are using to change IP address?

Wayne

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,510 Views)

In the Project explorer the the CFP in the hierachy at the top it says the field points name and th eIP after it

SO i right click and go to properties and change the IP in there and deploy it

thanks, Chris

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,507 Views)

Chris,

What would happen if you put 3 RT targets in your project and then targeted each of them from the same vi?  You would have to create a build spec for each but would make it easier to redeploy to targets.

Wayne

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,503 Views)