From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I acquire a wiring schematic of the circuit for FP-RTD-122 module?

I am trying to understand the internal nature of the FP-RTD-122 3-wire module.  My application consists of using several RTD's in series, and I am trying to adapt this module for the application.  I need to understand information of how the module pulses a current from channel to channel, internal impedance, and related information to see if this is a feasible approach. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,347 Views)
Could you tell me a little more about your application. The RTD modules are only meant to have one RTD hooked up to a particular channel. Here is the documentation that we have on that module. Perhaps the specifications section can answer some of your questions.

Rick Kuhlman
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,330 Views)
http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/323348b.pdf

Here is that link

Rick Kuhlman
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,328 Views)

Due to the limited number of connectors into my system, I thought that I could wire multiple RTD's (resisters) in series.  I would allow the one channel to pulse the current and the remainder channels to accurately read the voltage across each RTD (resister).  This would eliminate a lead wire per RTD allowing me to have more RTD's with a limited number of connectors without compromising to a two wire RTD.  I don't know if this is possible, but if I could obtain a wiring schematic or talk to someone who knows how the module operates internally I would determine if that is an approach worth taking.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,321 Views)