From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection of FP-RLY-420

Hello:

I'm planning to use FP-RLY-420 Modules for a proyect and I've been reading a bit about them. They require 2.5 W each and I've read that a Network module can only supply 9 W, so this would mean that I can only connect 3 FP-RLY-420 to each Network Module? Can I solve this situation powering the FP-RLY-420 modules with other supply different than the one used for the Network Module and other IO Modules?

Robst - CLD

Using LabVIEW since version 7.0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,660 Views)

Hi Robts

The FP-RLY-420 Module requires 1.7W (not 2.5 )

So, if your network module supply 9 W you can connect up to  5  FP RLY 420

National Instruments doesnt recommend to supply external power to this modules.

So If you need to connect more than five RLY 420 you would need to buy another network module. Robot Very Happy

Robts no dudo que puedas optimizar los canales de tus modulos para aprovechar el hardware que ya tienes al maximo

Dame mas informacion al respecto para poder recomendarte una configuracion.

Espero que pronto puedas correr exitosamente tu aplicacion

saludos Smiley Happy

Erwin Franz

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,643 Views)

Here is the link where I found the Power requirements of your module

Smiley Happy

https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/374221a/resource/374221a.pdf

Erwin Franz

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,642 Views)

Hola que tal:

Gracias por responder, bueno, mi aplicación necesita 7 módulos FP-RLY-420, 2 FP-AI-111 y un FP-AI-200.  De todas maneras ya necesitaba dos módulos de red Smiley Happy  Estaremos utilizando FP-1000. O sea que podría conectar a un módulo de red 5 FP-RLY-420 y los restantes módulos al otro FP-1000 y de este modo todos los módulos estarían alimentados, es correcto?

Gracias de antemano!

Robst - CLD

Using LabVIEW since version 7.0

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,635 Views)

Hello Robst

For Systems which need a large number of relays, we prefer using 24vdc external relaye, and FP-DO-401 .

A 8 slot base can oparete up to 128 relays !, and  you can use very small relays on "DIN" rail, that keep the system quite compact.

No special power supplay needed .

help ?

(3,626 Views)