FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compact Fieldpoint Reliability

Hi,

Up until today I was convinced that Compact Fieldpoint was the way to go on our new plant but I have read several posts on this forum about loosing network connections to the units and other horror stories which make me wonder about their reliability in the real world. Like most people we simply cannot afford to have to reboot occasionally, this is unacceptable.

Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad with running a Compact Fieldpoint system for long periods (months/years)?

Thanks

Tony
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,077 Views)

Tony,

Been running one cFP-2020 for over a year now.  Have not had to reboot. Unit operates in a large test lab with multiple variable frequency drives and other tests that generate a lot of electrical noise.  3 more systems in the cue that will use cFP for long term testing.  I did have one cFP-2120 fail after one day on the bench.  Caused by failure of switching power supply in the controller.  Unit was repaired and no further problems 1 year after repair.

The only other problems I've seen were self inflicted and fixed during development. Smiley Mad 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,060 Views)