FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Detect cFP-2110 in MAX 4.6.2f1

Hi everyone.

I am having trouble detecting my Fieldpoint module cFP-2110 in MAX in order to perform initial configuration and assign it a staic IP address.  I am using a relatively old computer running MAX 4.6.2f1 and Windows 2000 (due to needing to use an old GC).  I have connected the fieldpoint module via ethernet directly to the PC's only network card using a crossover cable.  I reset the IP address on the Fieldpoint module using the switches on the front of the module, and I have assigned the PC a static IP address of 192.168.1.1 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 as suggested in the troubleshooting guides.  The ethernet connection lights up on the module indicaiting that the cable is connected and the computer confirms that a link is established.  Even after this, the fieldpoint module is not detected in MAX.

I have connected a COM cable and read the console output of the fieldpoint module to confirm it is functioning properly, and it shows that it is funning BIOS v1.0.7 and firmware v10.4.  It also shows that it is unconfigured with an IP address of 0.0.0.0.  

I have read many troubleshooting guides and have not found anything that worked.  What do you think I need to do?

Thanks for the help in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,293 Views)

Hello Vonmatrices

Well, 0.0.0.0 is a bad IP as many firewalls block it., however just for confirmation, did you follow this KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ABE4BC247E8AC9BC8625734E005CAB42

It says is for cRIO, but is the same for the cFP controller

Please let me know

Regards

Mart G

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,275 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried all that is in in that article.  Windows 2000 does not have a firewall, and port blocking is disabled.  I can read the terminal output; I get is what is shown in the attached screenshot.  The crossover cable works as well; I have tested it in another system.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,264 Views)

Hello Von

If you already have tried everything listed on the KB, my recomendation is that you get a router that has a built in DHCP on it, so it will assign valid IP address to bot the PC and the cFP, and if that works, you can assign a static IP to the cFP and then return to the direct connection system.

Regards

Mart G

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,255 Views)