FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find subFieldPoint.vi in Labview2013

Solved!
Go to solution

I have updated my computer to LabVIEW2013 and I need to move a FieldPoint application over to Windows 7.  My old vi says the subFieldPoint vi are no good.  OK, so where are the new ones?  I updated Field Point as well.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(7,565 Views)

What is "sub"Fieldpoint?

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  Is it LabVIEW 2013, or 2013 SP1?

Fieldpoint drivers 13.1 which are good for LabVIEW 2013SP1 are available here.

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-fieldpoint-13.1/4709/en/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(7,563 Views)

I already downloaded that.  I believe my problem is needing to modify LabVIEW 2013 to include FieldPoint, which I didn't do when I initialized my installation.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(7,537 Views)

When you install the Fieldpoint drivers, it should install into LabVIEW 13 automatically.  Check to make sure support for LV 13 is checked off in the installer's dialog box.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(7,533 Views)

Maybe that's my problem.  It only goes up to 2012 support, not 2013.  What now?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(7,530 Views)

The link I put up there goes up to LV 2013SP1.

So are you sure you installed the correct driver?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(7,525 Views)

Mia Culpa!  I am downloading the link you sent me now.  Thanks.  I'll let you know if it works.

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(7,522 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rwbrook@integratedps.com

Okay.  Good luck.  I think you'll be fine.

I had just gone through installing that link a couple weeks ago when I upgraded a fieldpoint based system to LV 13.1.  I had problems at that time because the latest Fieldpoint drivers weren't visible by searching NI.com.  (The latest before this one was FP 6.1 which only went up to LV 13, without the service pack.)  I got lucky and stumbled on them in a Google search.

Since then, NI has actually released the drivers and created that webpage to download them.

Message 8 of 12
(7,520 Views)

One more step closer......I was able to get my temp logger running in Windows 7 on my computer.  This is the computer where I have loaded all of my LabVIEW 2013 software.  I built the application and moved it to the computer where I need it to run and now I am at a loss again.  It seems NI has gotten rid of AutoMAX.  It's now NI MAX.  I tried to download it yesterday and the computer just sat there.  No download, no error message, nothing.  I even brought a working '.iak' file over that I know works.  Also the FPLVmgr file.  Now what?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(7,484 Views)

I tried to load LabVIEW2013 on to the new computer to get this resolved and it would not load either.  I believe the problem has something to do with administrator rights, even though the user accounts say I have it.  If I bring a '_.iak' file over that works on my programming computer, and the vi is built, shouldn't it just run?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(7,480 Views)