FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building an executable without configuring the Measurement & Automation Explorer

After building my FieldPoint executable I want to install the program on a target computer. There I need the FieldPoint Server and the LabVIEW runtime engine. Why do I have to manually configure the Measurement & Automation Explorer (attaching the .iak file), when my .iak file is included in the installer of my executable? And how could I solve it, that I would not have to configure it for every user of the computer again?
I would like to have an executable which is ready to run after the run of the installer...
Can somebody help me out?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,892 Views)
I don't have the proper things in front of me at the moment, but here is a guess as to what your problem might be.
When you use a FP IO Address, the default root for the address is Fieldpoint, which is the last iak file that was saved\opened in MAX. I think that if you change this in your program to a different file (there is a second tab in the IO address window where you can do this), it should force the program to go to the specific iak file.

(2,888 Views)